Saturday, October 30, 2010

Soothe your mind


Sarah Mclachlan - Answer

'Cause I can only tell you what I know
That I need you in my life
When the stars have all burned out
You'll still be burning so bright

Cast me gently
Into morning
For the night has been unkind

---

This one's on my "top rated" playlist, which I'd classify under the "norah jones kind of music". It isn't jazzy but both their soothing voices make you feel as though you're underwater and slowly sinking to the bottom.

I wrote a poem about this feeling on 23rd june 2010. Some kind of a lousy poem that is but that's how this song makes me feel, though slightly more positive since I'm not depressed anymore.

Actually, that was about dying peacefully and finally escaping from this world that the girl didn't belong in. (which was me, then) I think I was listening to "answer" the other time too.

I like the word ethereal.

-------------------

I shall end this off with another song by her :)


Sarah Mclachlan - Angel

Spend all your time waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it okay

There’s always one reason
To feel not good enough
And it’s hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
Oh beautiful release
Memory seeps from my veins
Let me be empty
And weightless and maybe
I’ll find some peace tonight

No comments: